Welcome!

Welcome to TechToday!
We are going to review, recommend and rate all types of technology here. For any suggestions or queries please send us an email at techtoday2012@googlemail.com

Tuesday 24 January 2012

App Review: WhatsApp Messenger

WhatsApp has always been in the top 25 apps of the week since I can remember. Due to this, I thought I would give the company my 69p and download this cross-platform chat application. I've had this app for a few months now, and I'm bitterly disappointed. In my opinion, it's the same as any other cross-platform chat app, such as 'Kik Messenger' which is free. Its user face compares to the one of the original 'Messages' application. It is really simple to use, but It just doesn't stand out to me. If anything, it's too simple. 

I've found that this application likes to shut-down a lot, not just on iPhone's either. I installed this app on a fellow colleagues BlackBerry, and after around 10 minutes of 'chatting' to one another, it simply closed and logged my colleague out. 

It says that it's different because there are no 'hidden' costs after purchase. This may be the case, but other messengers have no 'hidden' costs, and no purchase cost either.

To conclude, I was very disappointed with this application. It was not money well spent, and I finally removed it from my device. I wouldn't really recommend this product, as there are much better alternatives. 

4/10

TechToday.

4 comments:

Correct me if im wrong but is WhatsApp free on android devices?

You are correct, I was talking about the iOS version.

Thanks a lot for your comment LasquishaFatimaJnr. We hope you enjoyed the article.

Post a Comment